Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June: Utah Vacation Part 1 (Christina & Ben Wedding)

This is my sister Christina. She is a decade younger than me yet we have lived parallel lives. She played basketball in high school, went to college and became an nurse, then married a med student. Good luck lady. You are in for a long journey! Christina and Ben though are a perfect match, full of energy and enthusiasm. They will do great things in this world. They met through my mother and sisters. Ben was a friend to my sister's apartment and had worked at my mom's hospital in the OR with her. Tina always had an eye for him but Ben was reserved because of their age difference. Finally, they began dating and it was magic. They couldn't stay apart. Ben even rented two apartments, one in Salt Lake close to the university, and the other close to Tina. He became a permanent fixture in my parents home. Ben proposed at a candlelight dinner and Tina couldn't resist. So here we are, at another Martin wedding.

We went to Utah for their wedding. It was our 5th trip to Utah for a wedding since moving to Oregon. All of Brian's vacation time has been for weddings up until we did our San Diego trip this past May.


I love having to attend my siblings weddings for the following reasons:
1) I get to see all my extended family in one setting, thus, preventing multiple trips to see the grandparents and uncles and aunts.

2) Bonding time with my sisters whom I love and adore and don't get to spend enough time with.
3) Hearing Brian complain about how nobody has worn my wedding dress which I was forced to purchase and he disliked. My mom also had the seamstress put a 2 inch inseam in the dress to allow for the variations in the sizes of my sisters. So much for saving on dresses.

4) I love to see my kids all dressed up in wedding outfits and we somehow manage to get one decent pic of my family that becomes the Christmas card picture.

6) Seeing all of my family and siblings in the temple together is probably the highlight of the event.
7) I love all the fresh flowers. I also love my mother's backyard. Two receptions have been back there and they both were spectacular in their display of flowers.

Here is this year's Hall Family Picture 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Here are my top 3 reasons why I love your family "trips" to Utah for Martin weddings:

    A) Seeing the kids and re-establishing that I'm their favorite aunt.

    B) Late night trips to Cafe Rio with you and B after setting up for the reception.

    C) Brian's constant reminders of how he thought I'd be the next Martin to get married but that it now looks like I'm the last =) I guess after December we can say I'm next!

    ReplyDelete