In January I had my nephew Blaine and Ethan one morning and I decided to take them to the ranch for a little visit to the animals. To our surprise Grandpa was out there finishing his work for the day on a new fence. He told the boys to hop in the back of the tractor trailer and he would take them for a ride. They had large grins, their mother/aunt was a little hesitant.
So, off the went in the tractor down the road with Grandpa smiling big and the boys smiling bigger.
Mother/Aunt on the other hand was now beyond hysterical as she followed closely behind in the van taking pictures and praying nothing happened.
Then, Roger saw the ramp near the house and gunned it. He had forgotten the boys were in the back until up at the top of if (photo as close to the moment as possible). Was grateful to see his grandsons still holding on tight, then he looked at me and gave me a "whoops" look.
Then came the tractor rides...
Walks in the fields and roads...
The chicken chores....
and cat chores. This was a day where I stored it in a piece of my heart never to be forgotten and praying for more days just like them.
What an wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteOhhh goodness. . .this is too funny. I love that little farm boy. I just picture this boy in 12 years with his boots on, plaid shirt, and a piece of straw hanging from his mouth- let's just hope he has his front tooth by then so he doesn't look completely like a hick.
ReplyDelete