Tonight Lizzy and Sophie ran family home evening. They called it Family Talent Home Evening. After frequent bickering the two of them shared with the family, via a game, computerized songs, and lots of index cards, some of our families talents. They explained that talents are gifts from God. Then they shared a talent that each family member had with the family. They were attempting to share talents that were not so obvious. It got me thinking and here are talents I thought of for each of my children that are not so obvious.
Andrew: Compassionately wants his mother to be happy and constantly checks in on my well being and then attempts to do/say anything that helps me be happy. You can insert your name where it says mother and it would be the same.
Elizabeth: Is an excellent cleaner between the hours of 10pm and Midnight. That's also when her flight of ideas ability displays itself and be prepared with a listening ear because she doesn't stop, but makes cleaning my house go quickly.
Sophie: Has given her mom lessons on makeup application. And when she compliments my clothing or hair it is sincere and usually spot on with todays pop culture. She also is my only child with organizational qualities such as my own and truly keeps her room the cleanest.
Ethan: For as strong willed and stubborn that he can be. And as stiff and insensitive as he can appear, he truly is a big teddy bear with his mom. After recently being gone on a trip for several days, when I arrived home the child most excited to see me and who wanted to be near me was Ethan. When we have our alone time after Steven is down for a nap and the other kids are at school he does like to ask to cuddle with me, for even as brief as a minute but he does ask.
Steven: He tries so hard to be like the big kids and you can see how smart he is by watching his eyes and how intensely they observe. One of his greatest gifts is his love of the outdoors. I have never looked at flowers, dog poop, bark, and birds in as great a light as I do when I am outside letting Steven explore. I took him to the ranch the other day and he screamed when it was time to go and didn't stop till I placed him in his room for a time out. He must be my little Idaho farm boy.

So happy you're blogging again! We miss you!
ReplyDelete