Thursday, November 5, 2009

November: Andrew is 9

Andrew turned 9 this year and asked to have a few buddies spend the night for a special birthday. We usually don't do this so it was a very special event.


They first opened presents (Andrew's favorite treat above!)


Then ate mint brownies for his birthday cake (his choice). Note the big strip missing ala Andrew, Ethan and myself.


Andrew let Ethan be included in the festivities as we shipped the sisters off to Nana's house. Ethan felt just like the big boys. Then they descended to the basement to watch a movie. It was really quiet down there and I thought the movie must have finished and they were asleep. It was, afterall, 11:30pm at night for 4 little boys.


Much to my surprise, the boys had been assembling a giant lego village. complete with their own houses, castles, buildings, cars, spaceships, peopled, and weapons! In 4 hours they had built an amazing city. I was so impressed, and hoping that all overnighters were just filled with lego building! I am going to send in pics of their city (with cool closeups) to Lego.com and Brickmaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment