Friday, July 10, 2009

July: Motor Cross Sports

My husband and I went to a benefit event and the end result was we had purchased a day at the Medford Sports Track in a go-cart. I think to myself, this could be fun. I mean, a little adrenaline and competition has always been good in our relationship. Then, he gives me the big, "I can't go, I got to work!" So my date becomes my sister, and the two of us giggle as the competition happens to be a former NFL football player and all his buddies (who also bid on the event). We were the girls at the track. And WE WERE SEXY!
(Despite everyone's pleasure when I colored my hair back to basics, I still like these blond highlights.)


The men let the ladies go first and I jumped at the chance to be first. After all of the pictures, which made the men roll their eyes, I took off. I knew I was being timed and the rush of speed made my heart pound and I tried to cut the corners sharp and thought these boys would be soooo impressed...and they were.


Chelsea went out after me and made me look like an slow-poke. She was fast, shaving 5 seconds off my pace! She was almost as fast as the men.




On my final run of the day they gave me the "faster' cart. I took off reaching speeds of possibly 40 mph although I told them all I must have been going 80 mph! But, near the end of my run I spun out. I was humiliated by the fact that they had to run a 1/2 mile out to rescue me and reset the motor as I puttered back to the home track. Plus, wearing a 40 pound protective outfit in 105 degree temps made me even more miserable as they fixed the cart. Overall though, very fun!

1 comment:

  1. Sure. .. blame it on the face that you didn't have a "fast" go cart. I bet they told you that just to make you feel better.

    This sounds fun! Maybe we should go next time I come out. I'll even let you have the "fast" cart =)

    ReplyDelete