I think that because Heavenly Father has a sense of humor he gave me two very girly girls. One who won't where pants, and another who is destined to be Hannah Montana (meaning, a secret life of clothing I don't know about). So when my friend Vicky asked me to co-coach the girls in kindersoccer I just kind of laughed and said, "If you don't mind that my girls will spend practices more devoted to how they look and what their friends are doing versus just kicking the ball!"

So, we started practices and I was quite surprised, Lizzy was a natural! She ended up being the 2nd leading scorer on the team and she really was talented at the sport. The only problem, she hated practices and refused to play if she were tired.

In a nutshell, it was all played on her terms! Sophie just enjoyed the ride and did look darling, despite the fact I refused to let her wear tank tops to practices!

The best part was that they got to play with their really good friends. That was more important than anything I taught (or didn't teach them).

Ethan was their honorary team chearleader (are tear leader depending on whether he wanted on the field or not).
At the end of the season we had a swim party which the girls loved and there was plenty of pink and giggling!
maybe you should cut their hair short and give them a skateboard for Christmas and that'll help bring the tom boy out of them?
ReplyDelete