My dad was able to get us tickets to the Oquirrh Mtn Temple openhouse. The kids were so thrilled to be able to go inside a temple. I asked Ethan what his favorite part of the temple was and he said, "Jesus's hot tub" and the cows. He was speaking of the baptismal font that rests on top of twelve oxen statues.
I returned home to find my mother on the fence picking cherries, throwing them down to the many onlookers including my own children. I told my mom she wasn't doing a very good job of being an example of not climbing in trees, on ladders or fences.
She commented that the end result of cherries was worth it. Ethan agreed.
My mom took off her wig and let the kids try a new look. What I was surprised by was the fact that Ethan looked just like Chelsea as a kid with that wig on!
Then it was off to Chuck-E-Cheese for our annual trip to spend money on worthless games and even more worthless tickets to get that prized prize, the cherished cheap toy or tootsie roll. Regardless, every time we go there the kids are so excited. They love this place. Ethan says, "I love Yuck-E-Cheese." Mom and dad agree.
After Chuck-E-Cheese we kept with nostalgia and took a trip to Brick Oven for some yummy pizza, pasta, and balloons. It was great that some of my siblings were able to join us for these festivities.
By the end of the night Ethan was exhausted and completely passed out eating a bowl of cereal on a stool at the kitchen table.
Imagine my surprise when I listened to Elder Renlund speak in GC right after reading this post! No wonder you loved the man! His talk was SO GOOD--one of my faves along with Elder Bednar and Elder Holland.
ReplyDelete