Sunday, March 8, 2009
March: Reliving High School Basketball
I have played in a women's basketball league the past two years here in Medford. It is a wonderful league that let's old moms like myself get out and have fun. The league is primarily dominated by high school teams prepping for their next season. But they had 2 "free agent" teams this year that were made up of women like myself. We had a blast. our team was about 20 years older than the rest but we competed well. I was the leading scorer/assist maker on my team. I averaged 18 points a game. My family was able to see me play my worst game of the season when they were in town. My husband also came to the same game. But my in-laws, they saw me at my best and were quite impressed at a different game. So, I still am able to move around on the court. It's still ugly though. And yes, I got rid of those ugly shorts and those white legs finally have a tan on them...still chubby though!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My knees are jealous...remember when we played intermurals and had to go against the BYU VB team? Fun times...
ReplyDelete