Saturday, March 7, 2009
March: Recording Studio Experience
I had the opportunity to be in a play with some ladies from my church. It was a play about the parable of the 10 virgins. I was a "bad" virgin without enough oil. My name was Addie and I was the virgin who was "too busy with the daily necessaties of running my home that I simply made no time for the important things of life".... I think they type-cast. Anyways, we have performed for several different wards around the region and at a recent performance a gal was so impressed with it that she had us go to a recording studio and record the entire play. I have a solo singing part and was shaking terribly. I am not the song-and-dance gal that my dad has always been, nor do I have an amazing voice. I can stay on key but not necessarily project something desirable to listen to. Regardless, it was a very exciting experience. Trying to get 11 women's schedules to match up for a recording was difficult. We ended up with an early morning trip and only had 2 1/2 hours to record the event. This meant one complete run through with no repeats. This was difficult as every single one of us felt like we each could have done our part over again better, especially the singing. It is hard to sing at 8 in the morning. But we did it. Then ended up putting on a performance for a stake in Central point where this gal was able to give a recording to each who attended. It was a very special event.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment