Saturday, April 20, 2013

April 2013: 10 mile Pear Blossom run

I asked Tina if she would run the Pear Blossom with me and she was totally enthusiastic about it. Since neither of us had ran 10 miles before we both did three 5 mile runs to prepare. She flew in the same night as I was coming in from Las Vegas and so the next morning she and I ran a quick 3 mile jog to assess the one hill that would would hit both coming and going on the race.


 The morning of the race came and I hadn't slept all night. I was too anxious. Tina convinced me that we should maintain a steady pace and not STOP. I had thought water breaks would be good places to take a break but she didn't think she could get going if she stopped. Well, we did it! We ran the entire race! We kept a 10 minute mile pace and finished in 1 hour 45 minutes. I had enough energy to cheer for friends and also cheer at the end of the race. Tina could have easily run this race in 9 minute miles. But we did it together and felt great!








No comments:

Post a Comment