Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 2013: Valentine Etiquette Dinner

On valentines night I decided to create an opportunity for the kids to practice manners at dinner. Lizzy helped me set the dining room table the night before complete with fine china and goblets. Then she cut out hearts to put in the windows. On valentines morning I made a baked ziti dish for dinner. Then that night the kids dressed up in Sunday dress. The evening was incredible and so memorable. Ethan gave a beautiful prayer complete with the blessing of making him have less diarrhea. Then he gave us a lesson on how to hold a goblet which includes a fist around the stem, pinky out. The kids then took turns saying what they love and all enjoyed our feast. We even had a fancy ice cream cake for dessert. I think I found a new tradition for our family. It was a wonderful evening.








No comments:

Post a Comment