Friday, April 23, 2010

April: Finished Kitchen

The kitchen is finally finished. Our first meal in it was Easter dinner. We are so thrilled with how it turned out. There was not a single thing that we would change, which is a good feeling.


This is my desk area, right in the heart of the kitchen.


The black area is Brian's man station, complete with a filing system, charging station, and junk hider. My favorite part!


The view coming around the corner of the front entryway.

I like our black/wood combo. I think it turned out great. I also liked the farmhouse sink in stainless, makes it feel slightly modern.

The kids were glad to be able to chill once again in the family room.


The area below the microwave is the appliance garage. It hides everything so there is nothing sitting on my counter-tops. Bliss! Also behind the left door is the fridge and below handle the freezer....sneaky!


I did floor to ceiling cabinets to utilize space and decrease the amount of house lint I put above my cabinets. All the things in the glass cabinets are items I use.

I used a mosaic tile that has metal and glass in it.

The island is loaded with cabinet space. There are hidden cabinets and pocket doors. The stove has a vent that come up from the island and is hidden after use.


The table is our original table from the early days of our marriage. We had it refinished and stained. Then I purchased new chairs since our other ones were kindling.


It turned out beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Just love what you guys did, Jill. It doesn't look like the same kitchen! I've gotta come see it in person soon.

    ReplyDelete