Sunday, April 4, 2010

April: Cage Fights

Brian's partner owns a fighting gym and has been asking us to come see his team fight. We have been putting him off and finally said yes to a fight night.

We had VIP seating in the front and I was afraid I was going to be covered in blood and sweat. The fights were purely all business and that surprised me. I expected it to be a personal thing, but it wasn't.


The only disturbing fights of the night were the bouts between women. They made me sad. In fact, the main event was a title fight for the women and these women were manly and mean looking.

I watched two men get knocked out completely and there were a lot gushing wounds.

After each fight, a licenced physician assessed each athlete to make sure there was no need for a trip to the hospital.

The place was packed with guys. This was serious fun for them. Brian told me that they are all sitting there sizing up the athletes figuring out if they could beat them. Even Brian was whispering in my ear, "I can take that guy."


Definitely a unique experience, definitely not a repeat event. I kept wincing in pain for each athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment