My new word for our YW basketball team this year. I had a total of 2 girls interested in playing this year and that translated into our team being combined with the YW of Yreka. I became a crowd cheerleader while the other coach got to coach (she had 5-7 players at every game).
I didn't even get to scrimmage that much. I miss basketball and certainly didn't get to relive my younger years this year.
One bright note was that my sweet young woman Angelique scored the game winning basket against undeafeted 2nd ward.
Regardless, I am going to become a crazy coach next year and hopefully drum up some chicklets for basketball.
Wow! 2 girls. . .you sound like me and my ward. I've recruited our married sisters. Too bad you don't live in Utah- you could totally. . ah hem. . .pass for a YSA. =) Tina and Dyana love it. Too bad we stink so bad that we lose by 20+ points. I love it. Our last games goal was to get to 20 points and not let the opposing team get to 40 (We were 17 points and they were at 32 when we made this goal). Final score. . .My team: 20 points (buzzer basket). . . Opposing team: 39. We did it!
ReplyDelete