Andrew has always lived on a prison diet: bread and butter. He refuses to eat most foods and when pressed, has become quite tearful. One night Brian wouldn't let him leave the table till he ate his corn and he sat there for about 90 minutes and then, after a babysitter arrived and convinced him to eat the corn, he threw it up in her lap. On this night, the kids were eating cheesy potatoes, chicken and some rice with pine nuts in it. Andrew again became difficult when it came to the rice. I made him eat 3 bites worth and he broke out in hives and became wheezy, we think because of the pine nuts. Andrew then scowled at us with that "I told you so" look. How can a parent win?
Saturday, February 6, 2010
February: Eat Your Corn!
We have been camping out in the basement, especially now since our upstairs floors are being refinished. We have been fortunate to have good friends feed us and drop food off. My kids have not been allowed to be picky since beggars can't be choosers. Lately, I am making them eat a small serving of each food item.

Andrew has always lived on a prison diet: bread and butter. He refuses to eat most foods and when pressed, has become quite tearful. One night Brian wouldn't let him leave the table till he ate his corn and he sat there for about 90 minutes and then, after a babysitter arrived and convinced him to eat the corn, he threw it up in her lap. On this night, the kids were eating cheesy potatoes, chicken and some rice with pine nuts in it. Andrew again became difficult when it came to the rice. I made him eat 3 bites worth and he broke out in hives and became wheezy, we think because of the pine nuts. Andrew then scowled at us with that "I told you so" look. How can a parent win?
Andrew has always lived on a prison diet: bread and butter. He refuses to eat most foods and when pressed, has become quite tearful. One night Brian wouldn't let him leave the table till he ate his corn and he sat there for about 90 minutes and then, after a babysitter arrived and convinced him to eat the corn, he threw it up in her lap. On this night, the kids were eating cheesy potatoes, chicken and some rice with pine nuts in it. Andrew again became difficult when it came to the rice. I made him eat 3 bites worth and he broke out in hives and became wheezy, we think because of the pine nuts. Andrew then scowled at us with that "I told you so" look. How can a parent win?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hahaha...I can totally picture his face after her threw up/broke out in hives. I know that look. Poor guy. Let him just eat the bread and butter. One day when he eats everything in the fridge and pantry- you'll probably wish he was still on the bread and butter kick =)
ReplyDelete