Friday, October 2, 2009

October: Andrew's Field Trip to the Oregon Caves

Andrew's 3rd grade class went on a field trip tot he Oregon Caves. I had never been to the caves and jumped at the opportunity to be a parent volunteer.


We first went on a nature walk near the caves where we were able to observe nature, look at rocks, and talk about how mountains are formed.


Then we were allowed to enter the cave. I wish I could have taken pictures in the cave but I wasn't allowed to. The cave was pitch dark and we saw stalagtites and stalagmites in the cave. There were tall vaulted areas and also some narrow small areas.


This was the entrance to the cave. Picture 35 kids with flashlights and 4 adults screaming and hollering for the last 1/4 mile of the caves. Pure delight!


The best part of this trip was the hours on the bus with my eldest. I had him all to myself...along with 35 of his buddies and several DS game machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment