Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September: First Day of School

Bright and early the day after Labor Day, my kids went outside to wait for the bus at the early hour of 7:15am. I didn't have to push them out of bed, they were so excited! I am sure glad they love school. We made sure everyone knew our affection for BYU with new jackets!


And of course Lizzy wanted to wear a skirt.


These packs were loaded down with all the school supplies demanded by the school district. I don't ever remember having to do this kind of school supply shopping when I was a kid.



Then the bus arrived. Fortunately, it's stop is right outside our house.


Mish wanted to go to school with them but Ethan told her she was too little.


Friday was Sophie's first day of school for Kindergarten. I think her backpack is as big as she is.

She got this great jacket from her best friend Saydee for her birthday.


Off she went a big girl on the bus! I can't believe I have three in school. I turn and look down at Ethan and he says to me, "Don't worry mom, one day you will be big enough to go to school." I smile and we walk back into the house for Disney and PBS cartoons and some Cap'n Crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment