Monday, August 10, 2009

August: Why Chelsea will miss us


Chelsea wrote this note to me about her trip to Oregon:


This year I didn't think I would be returning to Oregon but then I remembered a few things:
1. Who wouldn't want to go live in a house that has a fridge dedicated to soda pop.
2. My work would consist of laying by the pool all day.
3. That Brian had recently purchased a sports car and promised to let me drive it.
4. By going out there I automatically become the kids favorite aunt.
5. And because who wouldn't want to go spend a whole summer with Brian and Jill and the kids?


But after my first couple weeks there I was reminded of some things that aren't so entising:
1. You're day starts at 7:30 (because andrew, sophie and ethan are all early risers)
2. If you say you want to run 10 miles by the end of the summer Brian will make sure you work at that. (but it only lasted the first half of the summer)
3. Ethan's lack of potty training meaning you get to change 2-3 poopy diapers a day.
4. The 113 degree weather
5. Watching ever kid in the neighborhood.



But now that I back home trying to adjust to normal life I know I'm going to be missing a few things:
1. Going to a park every Tuesday and getting ice cream after.
2. Ethan wanting to cuddle with me.
3. Not being able to find Lizzy for forever but then find her watching TV in my room.
3. Andrew playing superhero's and making all the sound effects.
4. Sophie being my little shawdow.
5. Sitting down with Jill each night and making a list for the next day... a very detailed list.
6. Brian requesting chili and cheese burritos for dinner still.


7. Having to say "Ladies and gentalmen, Lizzy Hall will now be playing the song _____ . 5 6 7 8." before every song to get lizzy to play the piano.
8. Repairing tiger for the 100th time so he can still be Andrew's favorite sidekick.
9.Sophie saying "Reggible" instead of regular.
10. Ethan copying Sophie by saying "Reggible"
11. Lizzy making Nibble's (the hamster) a day camp.
12. Ethan disagreeing with you constantly by saying "no we're not." and "my mom said I could."
13. That I only showered once or twice a week and that was perfectly acceptable up there. (But just to let you all know I have been showering everyday since i've been home. It's not always easy but i do it)
14. Making up stories with Lizzy. Her's always seemed to end with Jesus coming down and killing the bad guy and saving all the kids.
15. And having all the kids in my bed watching a movie with me and falling asleep.



Thanks Jill and Brian for all the fun memories and experiences! I love you all and miss you daily!

Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment