Friday, January 2, 2009

January: Karaoke Night


One night the girls and I congregated in their bedroom to play with Lizzy's new karaoke machine she had received for Christmas. Within a few minutes, the men had joined us and we called it "Family Night" and had a song fest. Each child was able to sing a song they recognized, some, closer to the tune than the others.

For Ethan it was his own rendition of "Old MacDonald" and his cow over and over and over again.




For Andrew it was an amazing version of "Amazing Grace." For Lizzy and Sophie it was a bicycle built for two. For mom, it was an off key version of an old hymn that had been spruced up. Oh I can already hear Simon Cowell groaning over our singing, but I have to admit Brian was quite the surprise when he started to belt it out! You know, he was in Men's Chorus at BYU. That makes him special (along with another 2,000 other guys).

4 comments:

  1. I could have sworn by the look on your face that you were singing Olivia Newton John's "Hopelessly Devoted to You"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog and seeing pics of all of you- Karaoke is a highlight at our home, as well as pretending to be American Idol judges.;) Memories! Oh, wait I'm singing CATS now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, how did I not know that Brian was in Men's Chorus? You MUST upload pics of him in that crested suit and striped tie!
    Second of all, I'm so glad you're back up and blogging! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What disc is this that has "Old McDonald" "Amazing Grace" and "Bicycle built for Two"? Curious as to what Brian's song was?

    You need to find a Disney one so Ethan can sing the Madagascar "I like to move it move it!"

    PS- if it fits...you should bring this to CA.

    ReplyDelete