After 6 tubs of icing, 3 cakes, and some serious labor, they had what kind of looked like the capitol.
I helped it along by printing off a picture of the building and pasting it to the side. Andrew was quite happy.
The cubmaster's were the judges for the event. We had a lovely costco lasagna dinner with homemade bread and salad.
I thought I would include some of the amazing pieces of work we were able to see. This was the Washington Monument made out of fondant and the grand canyon next to it.
We also had a strawberry shortcake made out of our nation, a fruit tart flag, and many Crater Lakes (since this is the most significant landmark here in Oregon).
Andrew won the "Most Patriotic" award and his cake was quickly eaten due to the high volume of sugar inside. It was a succesful event.
One of my favorite events, great job on the cakes!!!!
ReplyDeleteI used to be Cub Master and I do not miss throwing the Blue and Gold. Man that was a lot of work. Other than that... a very fun calling!
ReplyDelete