Elizabeth turned six in January. She informed me and her school teacher that she no longer goes by Lizzy (except to family) and that everyone should call her Elizabeth from now on. In fact, she prefers Ms. Elizabeth Delia Hall. She is so her own person.
She also informed me that she would be quite content with just family attending her birthday party. She would require a cake, a pinata, a present that had something to do with clothing, and lots of candy.
I was very grateful that she gave me her complete description of her ideal birthday and that I was able to meet her needs. Being the domesticated diva that I have amazingly become (not), I purchased this cupcake cake pan (compliments of a suggestion Grammie Toodie gave me). and proceeded to make the most amazing birthday cake as shown here complete with partially nude Ethan and the lovely Sophie.
Brian has a soft spot for Lizzy....er...I mean Elizabeth's love of pets and proceeded to make her dreams come true with the purchase of Sammy. Having Hammy was not enough and therefore, Sammy has joined our ranks. Other Hamsters have come and gone (see this link) but Sammy remains strong even as I write this post in May (although he too has a tumor protruding from his but, am I causing these???)
This is the not-so-cool cage Sammy came in. It comes complete with a constant mess compliments the wire framing. Also it is very oderous. 1st on my list of things to replace, the cage. The problem is I am practical and can't spend more money on things we already have. But, I finally melted down this week ( because I could not take the smell and mess any more).
Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!!
I'm totally impressed with your cupcake cake. I want one for my birthday- can you arrange this please?
ReplyDelete